Good Type 2 diabetes diet is the perfect incorporation of planning meals, regular exercises, weight and blood sugar management. Type 2 diabetes is practically incurable, thus the only resort is to control symptoms like the diabetic amyotrophy and other effects of the disease by managing the level of glucose and healthy living. Diabetes is a disorder of the body’s metabolism wherein blood sugar is rendered unmanageable due to the lack or absence of insulin in the body. A glucose tolerance test will indicate your body’s reaction to glucose.
Keeping the weight down is a major goal of every Type 2 diabetes diet. Managing the sugar level is significantly easier if there are less fatty lipids in the blood. Obesity is also one of the causes that trigger diabetes. Eating low calorie food and exercising are very effective in losing weight. Simple activities like walking and cycling or even cleaning the house could help in burning excess fats in the body. Be reminded that any strenuous activities should be consulted with your doctor since these will also trigger a significant effect in the blood sugar levels.
A large chunk of energy source should be coming from carbohydrates and not from proteins and fats. The glucose generated from carbohydrates is slowly absorbed and provides steady supply of energy. There are good and then there are bad carbohydrates. Sugars like glucose, lactose, sucrose and fructose are examples of bad carbohydrates found in refined sugar and in sweet fruits. The good complex carbs are found in vegetables, beans, nuts and wholes grains. Eating the right amount of carbohydrates is essential to a Type 2 diabetic diet. Eating too little or too much will greatly affect the level of the blood sugar.
Here is some of the low calorie foods that are most recommended for a Type 2 diabetic diet:
1. Whole grains like oats and wheat are rich in soluble fibers necessary in maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar level. Choose bread, pastries and other product from whole grains.
2. Beans are fat-free and have high proteins and carbohydrates. Make meals healthier by substituting meat with beans and legumes.
3. Fishes are another good source of the good fat. The Omega3 from fishes is important in keeping our hearts healthy. Fish meat is generally lean but high in proteins. Enjoy your fish grilled, broiled or baked.
4. Nuts – Nuts like almonds, cashew, peanuts and walnuts have monounsaturated or the good fat and magnesium which together with calcium are instrumental in diabetes prevention.
5. The vegetables are the only unrestricted food in the Type 2 diabetes diet because it has no fat or carbohydrate content that will affect the blood sugar level. Vegies like spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, lettuce and peppers are also great sources of vitamins and minerals.
6. Yogurt has significant protein, calcium and good carbohydrates that are essential to any healthy diet.
Without any sufficient amount of insulin in the body, your sugar level will tend to fluctuate. Very low or very high sugar level in the blood can be extremely dangerous and trigger symptoms like the diabetic amyotrophy. Thus, the importance of eating the right amount of the right food at the right time is key for a successful Type 2 diabetes diet.
Check Our Recommended Diabetes Health Supplements Below:
|Systemic Care (Diabet-Eze) is an advanced natural supplement for diabetes sufferers. It aims to address: (1) Efficient insulin production and secretion. (2) Effective glucose metabolism (blood sugar uptake). (3) A reduced risk of potentially fatal diabetic-related diseases. (4) The strengthening of the liver and elimination of toxins. (5) Regeneration of insulin producing cells in the pancreas. Read more...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!